Development tasks of our competition model Flitzebogen were
easily controllable flight characteristics to easily focus on the varius f3k tasks.
These include a a simple circling, good launch heights and a flight weight,
that does not have to be significantly above 300g in strong winds.
A few key points for the implementation:
– with 6.5 °/ each side a lot of dihedral for effective circles with the rudder.
– short fuselage nose, short tail boom and slim wing tips reduce the moment of inertia.
– set of six airfoils for local Reynolds numbers, with sufficient lift at the tips
for slow circling.
– constant chord for the flaps of 28% of the local chord depths.
– thin rudder profile with a high Cl-max for rapid oscillation damping.
– fuselage with a small cross section, especially in the turbulent region
behind the wing.